Sunday, June 1, 2008

Rangers finish the weekend even again

I spent the afternoon on the road and thus missed the final game of the Rangers/As series. Text alerts were my only connection, and I tried to keep up as best I could. I was bummed when I received the final text that the Rangers had lost 13-8.

I had to find out how they lost, so the first thing I did when I got home was check the box score. Apparently, the 7th inning was the Rangers' undoing. Scott Feldman lasted six innings and left the game with a 7-4 lead (well, when he actually left the mound, it was 4-2 in Oakland's favor, but his offense put a five-spot in the bottom half). Handed a three-run lead, Jamey Wright and Robinson Tejeda both failed to get an out and allowed a combined seven runs on four hits and three walks. Francisco finally came in and put out the fire, but not before giving up two more runs on two hits. Josh Rupe pitched the final two innings of the game and held the As scoreless, but the damage was already done. Not even a Josh Hamilton homer in the bottom of the 9th could undo the disarray.

So, the Rangers are back at .500 with the Indians coming into town for four. Although my boys couldn't expand their above-median record (and overtake Oakland for second place in the West), it was still a good weekend. The Rangers won the series and lead the season series 6-3. I really don't feel like I can complain when it's put in that perspective.

Since I didn't actually see or hear the game, I don't feel like I can give a KISS or MISS today. Instead, I'll just share my photos and video from Clinton.

Lots of pictures here

And, as promised, video of Blake Beavan's juggling talents. This wasn't his best showcase of the afternoon, but it was the best one I could capture. He spent much of the time trying to teach Jorge Qunitero and Hector Nelo how to juggle. It was entertaining, to say the least.




1 comment:

EMC said...

Love the video of Blake.

I am supremely jealous that you got to see the Lumberkings - that's a team I'd love to watch this season.

Great stuff, great pictures - thanks for posting!