Monday, June 30, 2008

Stuff the ballot box

Double-post tonight. But it's worth it.

I'm a homer...I know it. I vote for my boys EVERY YEAR in the All-Star balloting. This year is a bit different though. I'm still voting for them, but this year, I feel like they REALLY deserve it.

Ian Kinsler is 2nd in 2B voting. Yet he's WAY ahead of Dustin Pedroia in offensive categories. Kinsler -- .321 BA, 13 HR, 50 RBI, 72 R, 20 SB, 26 2Bs, .911 OPS. Pedroia -- .304 BA, 8 HR, 37 RBI, 53 R, 9 SB, 23 2Bs, .790 OPS. The choice is clear.

Michael Young is...well, he's Michael Young. I know his numbers aren't real flashy, but he's consistent. He's steady. I feel good with Young on my team.

Josh Hamilton. Do I really need to campaign for him at all? He's done it all for himself. He's a Triple Crown threat and great guy all around. I mean, the guy already has 80 RBI. Well ahead of the ASB.

Milton Bradley. I was not thrilled with his signing in the off-season, but he has won my affections. He's contributed and behaved. The guys seem to love him in the clubhouse, and that always wins points with me. I put a lot of weight on off-the-field contributions.

Frank Catalanotto is still hanging in there at DH, and may just be the best pinch hitter in the majors.

And, of course, I've been writing in David Murphy for OF, even though I know it's a long shot. I still heart him.

Rangers fans -- let's send our boys to Yankee Stadium for the mid-summer classic. On Tuesday, July 1 (the last day of internet voting), several fans will be staging a Great Ranger Vote. I plan to make my contribution during the game.

Click here to vote.

You can vote 25 times per e-mail address. When you run out of your own e-mail address(es), you can use any XXXX@dodgit.com extension and it’ll act like a real email.

Vote and vote often.

2 comments:

Snakes Eye View said...

I have voted over 5,500 times! I used my entire company & we have 4 e-mail addresses each! I voted at Craig's office & all my daughters friends. It has been just a frenzy of voting!!

Micah said...

I'm officially unworthy!!! 5,500 times?!?!?!?!?!?!??! Crazy. Just crazy. Just for that, I'm gonna have to vote a few hundred more times tomorrow.