Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back to third

The Rangers looked like the April version of themselves tonight -- several failed opportunities with runners in scoring position (including a lead-off triple). Of course, the pitching didn't help much either. Mendoza was in an inning too long, and Nippert just couldn't shut it down either.

So, the Rangers are back in third place behind the A's. Maybe this is like that elusive .500 mark. We'll just keep flirting with it for weeks. At least we have something to flirt with, I guess. I'd like something to flirt with. Wait...that's another issue.

As with most games with the White Sox, I had to listen to DJ and Hawk. Ew. Maybe I'm a homer, but I absolutely think Josh and Tom are some of the best tv announcers in baseball (Eric and Victor are my radio choices). Hawk and DJ are just awful. They use stupid catch phrases, point out obvious things and are just plain annoying. I'm so glad tomorrow is the last game with the South Siders this season. I can't take much more "he gone" or "and you can put it on the boooooooard. yes!"

KISS: Chris Davis. Not only did he ensure there was no shut out (I don't want to give Buehrle that satisfaction), but he was 3 for 4 tonight and has raised his avg to .267. Nice to see that kind of production from 1B again.

MISS: Mendoza and Nippert. Luis surrendered six runs on nine hits and two walks. Dustin served up four runs on four hits and three walks. Each of them gave up a home run -- Luis' was a three-run shot to Swisher and Dustin's was a grand slam to Ramirez.

Hopefully the boys can bounce back tomorrow afternoon so they can be at least hold steady with Oakland going into the bay.

No comments: