Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hamilton's big screen double?

I'm choosing to skip commentary on today's game for a topic that's much more entertaining -- who would play Josh Hamilton in the inevitable movie that will be made about his life someday.
Ever since Josh Hamilton burst onto the Rangers scene, there has been much talk about a biographical film. There's no doubt it would be a great story to tell, and I would definitely go see it. Several times.

Casting could be interesting though. I wasn't sure who I could see portraying Josh. Then, tonight, I broke out one of my favorite "mindless" movies, "Step Up," and it hit me.
Channing Tatum would be a great Josh Hamilton. Okay, so he's not his identical twin, and he'd definitely need to put on some muscle (and fake tattoos). But his voice is right. He carries himself right. He's athletic looking. (He's also pretty nice to look at.) I just think he'd be a great fit.
I could also see Kate Bosworth or Katherine Heigl as Katie Hamilton. Both of them are blond (key), have figures similar to Katie's and have that girl-next-door beauty/appeal. I could see either one as the supportive wife Katie has been through Josh's journey.
It'd be interesting to see who else would appear in Josh's movie. Would any of his Rangers teammates appear?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christian Bale.

Micah said...

Anonymous - Ooooooh. I like your suggestion even better. I might just have to rescind mine :) Thanks for the comment!!