Monday, July 21, 2008

Hello second place!

I hadn't planned to blog after tonight's game, but how can I not acknowledge the fact that my boys are now in second place in the AL West!! Not too shabby, especially considering the weekend they had in Minnesota. Oakland has lost six straight games, which helped the Rangers a little. We're still nine games behind the Angels, but hey ... I'll take it.

Nice homers from the two Hams tonight -- Josh Hamilton and Hank "Hammer" Blalock. White Sox fans may have clamored for Josh's autograph before the game, but I'm sure they weren't too thrilled to see his three-run bomb in the third. It's good to see Hank swinging the bat well again. He didn't look that awful in Minneapolis, honestly. He just failed to hit the ball to a gap in the Metrodome. Tonight, he unloaded a two-run shot.

Jarrod Saltalamacchia proved he WAS more than ready to return to the field (as he told me Sunday). He went 2 for 3 tonight with a walk and a run scored.

I'm starting to worry a bit about Ian Kinsler, who is 0-fer since the All-Star break. A day off seemed to help Josh Hamilton and I wonder if it wouldn't do the same for Kins.

KISS: Scott Feldman. He wasn't even supposed to start in the second half, but he pinch hit (pitched) for the hurting Hurley tonight and held the White Sox to just one run (a Quentin home run). He threw six innings and gave up four hits and three walks. I love this version of Feldman. Hopefully our rotation can get healthy again so he can ease up a bit and be ready to be a fixture in that rotation next season.

MISS: Milton Bradley, who was 0 for 5 with three Ks.

No comments: