Friday, May 9, 2008

Well, Sexson fired ME up, but the Ms still lost

You'd think I'd have a ton to say after that brawl. And I do. Except I don't know if I want to say it all. Okay, what the heck...I'll go ahead.

Richie Sexson is an idiot. That pitch was nowhere near his head. If he wanted to inspire his team, maybe he should have just GOTTEN a hit instead of charging Kason Gabbard, who the Rangers just retrieved from the disabled list earlier today. Gabbard apparently has "bruised legs," but I would not be terribly shocked if his back problems "re-emerged" in a few days. And by then, it'll be too late. Sexson will have been issued his wimpy three-game suspension (because we're the Rangers and have no pitching anyway, so why would MLB do ANYTHING to give us justice), and be back to hitting near the Mendoza line.

To add insult to injury, I made the mistake of seeking out some Mariners' fans message boards. And they were actually proud of Sexson. As you all know, I'm all about sticking by my boys...but I seriously would have been embarassed if that'd been one of our players. If it'd been one of my five favorites, he would have earned at least a temporary demotion, if not a permanent one. What Sexson did was classless and uncalled for. There is no excuse for throwing your helmet at a pitcher. Especially when he did nothing to deserve the charge.

I'm anxious to see what the sports network folks have to say about this. So even though I should head to bed, I'm staying up to watch SportsCenter and Baseball Tonight.
I am still fuming. And I should be rejoicing. My boys went to the West Coast, and took two of three from the As and three of four from the Mariners. It was all I asked for and more. They return to Arlington with a handful of wins and a little lighter (with the DFAing of Broussard). They have looked like a different team this month, and I hope they can carry that play into this weekend for another round with the As, and then three more with the Mariners (that should be an interesting series).

I cannot even focus enough right now to issue a KISS or MISS. And I've said about all I can say tonight. Except one thing -- Way to go Rangers!! You made staying up late all week well worth the exhaustion it induced.

No comments: