Monday, May 26, 2008

Tough night in Tampa (St. Petersburg)

Wherever they were, the Rangers sure had a rough game. Then again, we knew it would not be a cake walk going against the Rays.

Who would have thought we'd say that a few years ago?

Scott Kazmir just had excellent stuff tonight. Three hits, no walks, one run and 10 Ks in seven innings. That's just untouchable.

Sidney Ponson was simply no match. He lasted only five innings and gave up five runs on 12 hits and three walks. He only struck out one. He just didn't look good. Then again, it would be hard to follow up Kazmir and look good.

Ramon Vazquez was the only mutli-hit Ranger tonight. He was 2 for 3 with a double. But he made a poor baserunning decision after he hit that double, so he virtually erased all his good karma.

I'll get right to the honors because I don't have a lot to say about tonight's game. What is there to say, really? The Rangers were simply outpitched and outhit. That's how ballgames are won and lost.

KISS: Ian Kinsler. He was 1 for 3, but he drove in all of the Rangers runs.

MISS: It's a toss-up between Ponson, who struggled on the mound and gave up a lot of runs early, and Milton Bradley, who was 0 for 4 with three strike outs.

And, now, photos from Monday's RedHawks game. They're mostly Chris Davis. Like I said, I regret that there are so few. I should have recharged my camera battery. And I'm still beating myself up over not getting that shot of Eric Hurley in a Be-Bops burger costume.

No comments: