Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Don't want to watch, can't look away

This afternoon, there was a car accident near my home. Given that it's a small town, everyone in my neighborhood was on their lawn checking out the action. It's a horrible thing -- to be drawn to a car accident and unable to look away.

That's sort of how I felt tonight while watching the game. I could have...maybe should have...turned the game off, but I just couldn't. This is probably the ugliest game I've seen from the boys so far this season. Maybe ever. Except for maybe that Yankees game when we lost a 10-run lead or something like that.

As the bottom of the sixth unfolded, I started to feel like Orioles fans must have felt last August when the Rangers put a 30-spot up on the hometown team. Ugh. At some point, do you just laugh? I'm still waiting for that to set in.

I can already tell I'm not going to be in the mood to do my usual blog about this game. In fact, I think I'll just stop this blog now before I get really depressed.

Tomorrow's another game ...

1 comment:

Jon Page said...

Yeah, I sat through the whole game as well... I think maybe you and I should get free tickets or something, for enduring that.