Friday, April 25, 2008

It's about time

The Rangers did more than win tonight. They proved they've still got some fight in them.

I started to get sick to my stomach in that four-run third the Twins put up. But my boys rebounded in a BIG way with a five-run bottom half. They probably could have (and should have) put up more runs that inning, but some poor base running by Jason Botts pretty much squelched that hope.

The bullpen was perfect tonight -- even Eddie Guardado. Between Guardado, Wright, Wilson and Benoit, there was only one Twins baserunner. That was on a hit in the top of the 10th. Way to go, boys!!

KISS: David Murphy. He was the hero of the game with the walk-off single to bring the Rangers back into the WIN COLUMN. It was his third hit of the night. He also played some great right field, tracking down some hits and keeping the Twins off base.

MISS: Kevin Millwood allowing the bases to load for Justin Morneau (always a threat) in that awful top of the third.

P.S. Prayers for Hank Blalock's speedy recovery from whatever he did tonight.

2 comments:

Jon Page said...

There's nothing new on Hank Blalock, as of this afternoon - I know he did tweak his right hamstring, but fortunately, it isn't torn or anything (like Travis Metcalf's was in spring training).

I imagine this will still require a DL trip for Hank, but hopefully he'll be back in the minimum 15 days or so. In the meanwhile, we'll get to really take a look at German Duran - which will be very interesting indeed.

What a game though, eh? I was so happy to see the Rangers rebound, and not let their mistakes beat them.

I gotta say though, I would have given the "miss" to Jason Botts, for his inexplicable decision to jump up and try to go to third as Hank Blalock was being called out (on a bullcrap call, IMO) at home plate. That really popped the Rangers balloon there in the third - that could have been a much bigger inning if it weren't for that. Don't get me wrong, I like Jason, but that stunt he pulled was one of the most ill-advised I've seen in awhile.

Micah said...

I can see your point on my MISS, Jon, but you know I have a hard time doing that to Jason. Plus, I didn't SEE the game (stupid blackout rules...I'm FOUR HOURS from Minneapolis!!!!!!), so I didn't know what kind of cues he was getting from the coaches. But, you're right, it was a huge mental mistake on his part. I'm sure he won't make it again.